Welcome!

If you are here, chances are that you are tired of your wife's nagging and have accepted the fate that it's time to move out of your parent's abode, which for years had been a paradise for you. If not, your parents must be planning to kick you out of the house. Still better, you are looking for a good investment opportunity. Or, have simply shifted base to a new city and looking for permanent accommodation.
But, for those hit by escalating costs…maybe, this blog can butt out 'the but' in your case. So, feel free to read it and leave your comments.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Biking around in search of a home

Last year, after much nagging and prodding I decided to take the plunge. No! I am not talking about marriage here, for I was already married and my wife was in the family way, when I took what I now call the most ‘expensive’ step in my life.

Expensive, literally as the even a layman would be able to tell you how difficult it is to buy a flat these days especially with the sky-rocketing property prices.

Please ignore all those newspapers reports and articles that claim that property prices are undergoing a slump. For before you discover the hard way, let me tell you they are an all time high. At least that’s what I have discovered in the past few months.

I still clearly remember how difficult it was to find a guarantor when I approached a bank for a house loan.

And not to forget the running around I had to do to get my flat registered. The pain me and my wife, who was six months pregnant, then had to endure. I would never ever forget the day when she was riding pillion with me as we did not have a witness to testify for our flat and the amount of money that I had to pay as bribe to make those stamp papers move.

Alas! We have a flat in Ghaziabad.

Let’s hope you don’t go through those hardships…

2 comments:

ajailovesall said...

Dear Mr Arsalan,
I read your plight...of how difficult it is to "zero in" on the right house. There are times when one feels disappointed, dejected and feels the exercise is in futility. Then you see your dream house and all the frustration is gone.
Buying a house for a middle-class man is akin to a woman giving birth to twins! Quite painful but very satiatiating in the end.
Your gestation has ended, and now you can reap the fruits of motherhood...LOL

Sonal Jain said...

NSE probe: I-T dept searches premises of brokers, employees: 18 Nov 2017
Share Market Company